- Most children imitate the saving and spending
habits of their parents.
- 78% of high school students have never made a
- Before 2006, the personal savings rate in the
USA went from 7.6% to less than 1%. In 2006, the
rate was negative 0.6%! The good news is that Canadians
are better at saving than Americans.
- Over 70% of people worry about money everyday.
- Worries over money are the leading cause of family
- 66% of people live pay cheque to pay cheque.
If today’s trends continue, only 1% of the
population will be rich at age 65, 4% will be financially
independent, 15% will have modest savings, while the
other 80% will be broke!